Thursday, February 24, 2011

Mustache crafts for the hipsters at heart


What is the fascination with hipsters and mustaches? I’m not sure. But what I do know is that mustaches are a craft heavy search.

It may be the weather, or it may be the coffee shop I am in right, now but here we go.

The best mustache crafts for the hipsters at heart.

Let’s get this started; we have some yarn bombing. Why yes, this taking two of my favorite things, rouge knitting and guerilla art. I found that while I was looking at Craftzine.com, and who doesn’t love “yarn bombing” and lets be honest, this looks a lot better with a 'stach'. http://blog.craftzine.com/archive/2010/08/yarn_bombing_mustache.htm

What is better then incorporating mustaches and cupcakes? (I guess this mustache theme is turning into mustache collaboration) From Sprinkles Bakes, my baking guilty pleasure on the web, I found these adorable guys. It says this cupcake is perfect for father’s day, but I think it is perfect for any hip occasion that warrants beautiful and delicious cupcakes. 


These mustache etched glasses are another quirky and practical find. From the "Bread and Badger", they offer a fun “Mustache Lowball Glass.” From its bio it the duo hand sandblasts the designs onto the glassware.  These would make perfect gifts, or something hip to keep around a house.


From Jane of All Crafts, is an easy how-to for crafting a perfect “mustache-tic mug.”
A coffee mug with your favorite kind of mustache drawn on it These mugs are not only “ironic” but adorable, with a few simple supplies and a desire to have facial hair on your mug this would be perfect for anyone to make.


Give me anything with knitting. Here is a knitted mustache. And a website that tells you how to make it.  http://www.instructables.com/id/Knitted-Moustache/


1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the feature! Love the others too especially those etched glasses!

    ReplyDelete